Using ginger for weight loss is one of the healthiest fixes for fat loss. It increases metabolism and aids in digestion which helps to burn belly fat fast. Here is more on how to use ginger to lose weight.
Ginger root, commonly known as ginger, is a rhizome plant used for seasoning and medicinal purposes. Ginger is usually used in its different forms like powder, dry, fresh or natural oils. The main compound that makes ginger acquire its medicinal value is the gingerol. It is also through this that ginger has a distinctive smell and taste compared to other the plants. The ginger root is also rich in vitamin C, tannins, iron, calcium, and flavonoids. These components play crucial roles in the provision of most of the necessary nutrients for the body.
Can Ginger Help You Lose Weight?
Scientific research has proved that ginger helps in the reduction of weight. The findings, as promulgated in Journal of the Science and Food of Agriculture in 2014, show that ginger helps in regulating both sugar and leptin levels. The consumption of ginger increases the leptin levels in the body, which directly induce the brain to temporarily quit storing fat and start breaking down the stored fat. Holding other factors constant (for example Leptin Resistance and poor dieting), the reduction of body fat leads to loss of weight.
How to Use Ginger for Weight Loss
This method is also referred to as the ginger compress method. The use of ginger and body wrap for weight loss is easy and cheap but requires a great deal of patience and commitment.
- A tablespoon of ginger (preferably grated)
- Five tablespoons of any body lotion
- A plastic wrap
- A towel
- Warm water
- Identify the area which needs the application of ginger.
- Soak the towel in warm for a few minutes and wrap it around the identified area for about six to seven minutes.
- This will open up the skin pores.
- Mix the lotion with the ginger and apply on the area.
- The final process it to wrap the affected area with the plastic wrap and let it remain wrapped for about five to six hours.
- The result will be the extraction of body fat within the affected area.
Drinking boiled ginger provides an herbal remedy for weight loss. There are various methods of preparing boiled ginger chief among them being putting the ginger in water and letting it boil for a few minutes. Take at least twice per day for better results.
- Fresh ginger roots
- Peel the ginger root and either chop the ginger into small pieces or grate/grind it into smaller pieces.
- Put water in a cooking pan and let it boil for five minutes.
- Add the ginger into the pan and let it boil for five minutes.
- The final procedure is to let the ginger settle in the water for ten minutes then sieve it off the water.
- The ginger water is ready for consumption.
- The ginger remnants can also be taken with the ginger water.
This is a fermented drink that is easy and cheap to make. Ginger beer still contains the components that are essential in inducing weight loss. Just like any other alcoholic drink, ginger beer can be addictive and should be taken in small dosages.
- A jug of cold water
- Three to four cups of sugar
- Fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- Two to three cups of fresh lemon juice
- Ginger beer plant or yeast or lactic acid (aid in the fermentation process)
- Put together the ginger, sugar, and water in a cooking pan.
- Allow the mixture to boil while stirring it to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Remove the cooking pan containing the mixture from the heat and let it steep for an hour.
- Put the strained syrup in a bottle and add the lemon juice.
- Put the bottle in a refrigerator under 65°F.
- Add a teaspoon of either ginger beer plant, lactic acid or yeast to induce the fermentation process then seal the bottle for two days.
- The ginger beer will be ready for consumption when the required carbonation level has been achieved.
This is one of the commonest ways of consuming ginger for the purposes of weight loss.
How to Make Ginger Tea for Weight Loss
The preparation of ginger tea and boiled ginger are similar. Ginger tea can be taken at least twice per day for more desirable weight loss results. One of the main difference is that ginger tea may have lemon juice and sugar for flavor.
Natural ginger can be processed into capsules that can be purchased as over-the-counter drugs. Ginger capsules are not as cheap as the common ginger roots, but provide similar results to the fresh ginger. Ginger capsules are more effective and easier to use. A proper use of ginger capsules for weight loss is recommended for people who have problems ingesting the natural ginger root.
Fresh ginger can be eaten raw without adding water or flavors. The ginger must be peeled and washed before its consumption.
Use a grater or a juicer.
- Fresh ginger
- Grater/ juicer
- Cheese cloth
- A cup of water
- Peel and wash the ginger then you can either grate or blend the ginger in a juicer.
- Put the grated or blended ginger in the cheesecloth
- Gently squeeze the cheesecloth to extract the ginger juice.
Ginger can be dried and ground to fine particles or powder. It serves the same purpose as fresh ginger for it contains the core components necessary for weight loss. The powder can be used as a spice in both solid and liquid food.
Ginger and Carrot
There are various ways in which carrot and ginger may be prepared together. Carrot and ginger can be blended to extract the natural juice. They can also be cooked to produce carrot ginger soup.
Benefits of Ginger for Weight Loss
The use of ginger in reducing weight loss is one of the safest ways of reducing weight. Ginger is harmless to the body, and it also boosts the immune system of the user.
Ginger is cheaper compared to other methods for weight loss.
It is also a time managing method and does not have a tight commitment span.
Ginger and Weight Loss
It increases the body metabolism, making it easier for the body to burn the stored fat. It also increases food satiety, reducing the consumption of food and overall body weight. Ginger reduces the rate of cortisol production. Cortisol is a hormone responsible for energy regulation.
An increase in the cortisol production leads to an increase in both body weight and belly fat. The consumption of ginger helps in regulating the cholesterol level by reducing both the serum and hepatic cholesterol levels. This, in turn, reduces obesity among the affected people.
How much Ginger for Weight Loss
There are fewer cases related to excessive consumption of ginger in a bid to reduce weight loss. The consumption of large amounts of ginger may cause heart burns and stomach upsets. Pregnant women or people under medication are strong advised not avoid taking large quantities of ginger. Ginger, therefore, must be taken in small quantities to avoid harming the body.
Ginger for Weight Loss Recipes
Honey and Ginger for Weight Loss
- Two pieces of fresh ginger
- Five cups of water
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Lemon juice (squeezed from fresh lemons)
- Cut the ginger into small pieces and put them in a cooking pan.
- Add water to the pan and heat the pan.
- Let the water boil. Add honey and stir.
- Add lemon juice to the hot mixture and let it steep.
- Ginger and Garlic
- Two pieces of fresh ginger
- Cooking oil
- One garlic
- Soy sauce
- Cut the ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan.
- Add the ginger and salt.
- Let it fry for two minutes.
- Add garlic and Soy sauce.
- Stir to let the mixture have a wilted green color.
Ginger and Lemon for Weight Loss
- Fresh and peeled ginger
- Lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of sugar
Blender the ginger together with the lemon juice. Add sugar to the mixture. Let the mixture steep then serve the juice.
Turmeric and Ginger
- Two fresh and peeled ginger roots
- Three cups of water
- A fresh lemon
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Put both the turmeric and ginger in a cooking pan.
- Add water and boil for ten minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the mixture and add honey.
- Stir, sieve, and serve the turmeric ginger tea.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Ginger for Weight Loss
- A glass of warm water
- A teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- One teaspoon of honey
Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ginger into the glass of warm water. Add honey and stir.
Ginger and Hot Water for Weight Loss
- Fresh ginger roots
- Put water in a cooking pan, add the ginger, and let it boil for five minutes.
- Remove the cooking pan from the heat.
- Sieve the mixture and serve the ginger water.